COVID-19 Compliance & Requirements
We are in full compliance with all local, state, and federal guidelines regarding COVID-19. This includes masks, social distancing, and disinfection of all common surfaces. Schedules and waiting times have been reduced to minimize potential exposure.
- You do not have fever, chills, shaking, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or a loss of taste or smell
- You have not had exposure to anyone with a flu-like illness within the past two weeks
- You wear a mask or equivalent facial covering over both your nose and mouth
- You agree to maintain social distancing
- You avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth, and face
- You enter the office alone if possible
Dry Eye Specialist – Dr. James Lewis
Welcome to the website of Dr. James Lewis, a leading provider of eye care and dry eye treatment in New Jersey and Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Lewis has been practicing ophthalmology for more than 30 years and is proud to help his patients enhance their quality of life by relieving them of severe dry eye symptoms. Learn more about dry eye syndrome and the treatment options available below, and contact Dr. Lewis at 215-886-9090 to schedule an appointment. TearScience, Inc., a privately-held medical device company, announced that it has received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) clearance for its next generation product of its LipiFlow® Thermal Pulsation System, a medical device that treats evaporative dry eye by liquefying and evacuating obstructions in meibomian glands located in the eyelids.
James S. Lewis, MD, a pioneer in the use of Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) for treatment of dry eye in the philadelphia area is now the first practice to receive the Lipiflow System. Lipiflow is now available to those patients with meibomian gland dysfunction and evaporative dry eye. Dr. Lewis is a cornea specialist in Philadelphia and director of the Cornea and Refractive Surgery Department at the Pennsylvania College of Optometry of Salus University in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Lewis was an early adopter of temporary and Thermal permanent punctal occlusion for the treatment of Aqueous Deficiency dry eye over 20 years ago. In 2000, he performed FDA-sponsored clinical trials of Extended Duration Collagen Plugs which led to their acceptance. Evaporative Dry Eye is now the focus of our efforts to aggressively manage this widespread debilitating condition.
- LipiFlow for Evaporative Dry Eye with Dr. LewisLASIK patient The video above tells the story of a LASIK patient with evaporative dry eye who underwent TearScience’s LipiFlow treatment with Dr. James Lewis. Most dry eye patients, especially those who fail Restasis,…
- Anne wins the battleAnne wins her battle with evaporative dry eye through a combination of LipiFlow and intense pulsed light (IPL). She is another successful Philadelphia Lipiflow patient who feels LipiFlow has allowed her to get her…
Schedule an Evaluation
Click to Call
- xiidra for the Treatment of Dry EyeXiidra™ (lifitegrast ophthalmic solution) 5% is a prescription eye drop used to treat the signs and symptoms of dry eye disease. Xiidra is the first prescription eye drop…
- Adjunct Treatments for Dry Eye DiseaseAn overview of selected products and their uses for the management of ocular surface disorders. By Callan Navitsky, Senior Editor; and with expert commentary from Ahmad M. Fahmy,…
- For Severe Dry Eye – IPL Dry Eye Laser TreatmentIntense Pulsed Light (IPL) a laser-like device is now being used by ophthalmologists to reduce your dependence on artificial tears, Restasis™, flax-seed oil, Omega-3 supplements, permanent punctal plugs,…
- MiBo – Dry Eye Treatment – demonstratedPain Point Medical (Dallas, TX) has developed a new therapeutic modality for the treatment of dry eye. In particular, the MiBoFlo® addresses meibomian gland dysfunction by melting and…