- How LipiFlow Works
- Frequently Asked Questions
- About the Practice
Lipiflow, one of the fruits of Dr. Korb’s research and the only FDA approved treatment for MGD will be demonstrated on an actual patient following the didactic portion of the program. The volunteer will answer questions from the audience.
The twelve minute LipiFlow procedure requires only topical anesthesia. Meibomian glands are warmed to 108.5 degrees Fahrenheit and are then evacuated using programmed rhythmic compression.
· 82% of dry eye patients have MGD
· Restasis is successful in less than 14% of patients
· OTC dry eye remedies top 2 billion in sales each year in the US
· Nearly 40% of post menopausal woman have dry eye
· Nearly 30% of older males have dry eye
· Most contact lens failures are the result of dry eye
· Experts feel half of dissatisfied LASIK and Premium IOL patients suffer from dry eye
· Compliance with warm compresses and lid hygiene is below 10%
thanks to the generosity of Salus University and TearScience, there is no fee
Donald Korb, OD, innovator, pioneer, and scientist will present two hours of COPE approved CE geared to eye care practitioners committed to the management of dry eye.
Expect to learn the science behind dry eye and meibomian gland dysfunction in a tour de force exploration of diagnosis, management, and current research.
Learn how TearScience’s LipiFlow can address the needs of your patients, expand the scope of your practice and confirm your commitment to the most advanced technology. Dr. Korb has a long history of discoveries documented by over 40 US patents in the areas of ocular diagnostic equipment, contact lens polymers, contact lens design, and ocular drugs and formulations.
It is an honor and privilege for us to to have him share his knowledge with us.